This vegetable side dish is easy to make and the presentation is pretty. Leftovers work fine as a cold salad, but reheating it can overcook the beans.
In Italian, you would call this Fagiolini Glassato al Sesamo.
- Boil the beans for 5 minutes in salted water, then drain.
- Meanwhile, saute the scallions in the butter for about 5 minutes.
- Scrape the zest of the half lemon into the scallions, then squeeze the lemon juice into a small bowl and pour the juice into the pan leaving the seeds behind.
- Add the drained beans, mix well, and simmer for 10 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- In a different, small pan, toast the sesame seeds over moderate heat until they smell good, maybe a minute or two.
- Transfer the beans to a serving dish, and scatter the sesame seeds over the top.
- Serve hot, drizzled with a little extra-virgin olive oil.
Silver Spoon Cookbook