This is my favorite cole slaw recipe. It's from Jasper White. It has a light, complex flavor with some zip to it, and enough color to be decorative.
The slaw in this photo is more white than the full recipe because I had only one carrot and half a red onion.
- Core and quarter the cabbage and soak it in cold water for half an hour or more to soften the flavor.
- Shred all the vegetables.
- Combine the remaining ingredients into a dressing.
- In a really big bowl, combine the shredded vegetables and then mix in the dressing.
- Chill for 30 minutes or longer before serving.