This is a simple and delicious preparation of fresh sweet Italian sausage or fresh fennel sausage. It makes a nice change of pace from the often heavy dishes that feature sausages.
- In a pan with a cover, heat the oil over moderate heat.
- Cook the garlic until is starts to brown, then remove it.
- Prick the sausages in a few places to let some of the fat melt out, and put them in the hot oil and sear them on opposite sides.
- Add the entire rosemary sprig and the wine.
- Cover the pan and reduce the heat. Cook covered for 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid and let the remaining liquid reduce and thicken.
- Serve the sausages hot with the strained cooking liquid.