Here's a Spezzatino Speziato, or spicy pork stew.
It's not spicy the way we Americans usually employ the term; it is not hot at all, but it's loaded with ground cumin and coriander, and the lemon gives it a light citrusy zing.
This would be good served over rice.
- In a dutch oven, melt the butter and let it heat until the foam subsides.
- Add the pork and stir it around until it is browned on all sides.
- Pour in half the wine and add the garlic and cumin. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes, until the meat is tender.
- Remove the meat to a place where you can keep it warm.
- Add the coriander and lemon and turn up the heat to reduce the sauce.
- When the sauce is reduced by half, dress the meat with it and serve hot.