1 9-inch pie crust (unbaked, chilled)
1 c pumpkin puree
1 T Honey
3 Eggs (beaten)
3⁄4 t Cinnamon (ground)
1⁄8 t Ginger (ground)
1⁄4 t Cloves (ground)
1⁄2 t Nutmeg (ground)
1⁄2 t Salt
1 c Sugar
3⁄4 c Heavy Cream
3⁄4 c Milk
- Roll out the pie crust and line a pie plate. Chill it.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine pumpkin puree,honey, eggs, spices, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine sugar, cream, and milk in a saucepan and heat but do not boil. The sugar should be dissolved.
- Add the cream mixture to the pumpkin mixture and blend well.
- Fill pie shell and bake at 375 for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat and bake until finished, about 40 minutes more.
- Cool before serving.
Modified slightly from Jasper White's Cooking From New England