This is a rich Ligurian frittata that features two flavors that we don't often see paired in the United States.
It also includes cheese and breadcrumbs, so it's a hearty dish. It's good served hot or cold, as for a picnic.
You can try this the traditional way in an omelette pan, flipping it by sliding it onto a plate and then flipping it bac into the skillet, but this has so much "stuff" in it that it breaks easily. It's easier to just bake it in a moderate oven.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In an oven-safe skillet, heat the oil and flavor it with the garlic. Remove the garlic when it browns.
- Add and saute the mushrooms until the liquid is reduced, then add the chopped artichoke hearts and stir well.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs then mix in the parsley, bread crumbs, and cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture over the mushroom mixture and stir well.
- Put the skillet into the hot oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until done.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.