Here's an intriguing idea - a mint-leaf omelette!
I saw this a lot while researching i frittati, usually near other simple omelettes that called only for garden-fresh herbs. During nice weather we always have plenty of spearmint and peppermint in the garden, so I decided to give this a try.
It's delicious! The mint needs nothing else, no cheese or onion, and certainly no sugar. It's simple and elegant!
- Melt the butter in an omelet pan with gently sloping sides.
- Combine the eggs with the mint leaves and pour the mixture into the pan.
- Cook over low heat until set around the edges.
- Slide the omelet out of the pan onto a plan, then flip it over back into the hot skillet.
- Finish cooking another couple of minutes and serve hot.