This thriller of an appetizer always draws exclamations.
It's really easy to make, if you have the nerve for it. Saganaki is best served with pita or crusty bread.
- Cut the cheese into slabs about 1/4-inch thick and brush with melted butter on a broiler pan.
- Broil the cheese about 4-6 inches from the flame until it bubbles, just a few minutes.
- Clear a space at the table.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with brandy.
- Flame it. Bring it to the table flaming. While still flaming, squeeze the half-lemon over it. Serve hot from the pan with bread.
I get Kefalograviera cheese (and most other Greek goodies) at [[nodetitle:Bahnan's Market]] in Worcester.