This delicious winter warmer really warms you up in style!
It's a whiskey variant of the venerable Hot Buttered Rum.
- Boil the water.
- While boiling the water, wash an Irish Coffee glass with hot water and then fill it with hot water to warm it up.
- In a small bowl, blend the butter, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Empty and wipe the Irish Coffee glass, then add the butter mixture and a little boiling water to melt it. Stir well.
- Add the whiskey.
- Add the rest of the boiling water.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick and serve hot.
You can use a mug if you like, but the Irish Coffee glass is perfect for this. If you use a glass vessel, be sure to warm it first and take whatever precautions you normally do to protect it from cracking.
It's OK to experiment with different spices, but I find this simple cinnamon-and-sugar blend is best.